Computer Vision Project Management
A series of lectures by our CEO Ron Soferman
Computer Vision Project Management is a series of lectures and talks conducted by our CEO Ron Soferman, many of which are published as a regular column on magazine Computer Vision News, in the project managements tips section.
The main goal of this publication is to share Ron’s huge experience, collected during his 30 years as the head of RSIP Vision. Ron has encountered countless situations and solved all kind of challenges in computer vision and image processing projects. His experience has been and still is a source of inspiration for many project managers in our field. Each individual lecture is a precious eye opener on tips and tricks on one hand and on project management best practices on the other.
Moreover, the recent Deep Learning revolution in AI requires each Project Manager to acquire new knowledge and skills. Ron has been one of the first to adopt the new technologies and is now a real expert in their real-world practical applications. Without replacing hands-on training, these project management tips give the less experienced project manager a great help to better understand what needs to be done in computer vision project management.
Ron has talked to very different audiences in many countries and continents. The following articles are only a tiny selection of his talks, which we have gathered during the last few years.
You will find that these articles about project management are often very much detailed. This happens for a good reason: as Ron often says: “Even the biggest hammer cannot replace a screwdriver!”
Enjoy the reading!
Project Management in Computer Vision:
- Fitting Talents into Projects (by David Menashe)
- Managing the Expectations of All Stakeholders
- Documenting a Computer Vision Project (by Yifat Baruchi)
- Time Estimation for Your Projects
- Being Creative with Deep Learning (by Yael Zak)
- Crisis Management (by Nissim Avitan)
- When Data Keeps Coming During the Project (by Yael Zak)
- When the Client Says “Do the Best You Can” (by Aliza Minkov)
- Learning the Right Skills for Autonomous Systems (by Ilya Kovler)
- Annotating (Labeling) Data for Medical Projects (by Arik Rond)
- Collecting and Selecting Data for Medical Projects (by Arik Rond)
- Team Management: how to Split the Work in AI Projects
- Deep Learning and GPU’s for Dummies
- Deep Learning: from Plan to Practice
- Load Balancing: the Positive Case
- Project Management in Deep Learning – Part 2 (by Dr. Yehiel Shilo)
- Project Management in Deep Learning – Part 1 (by Dr. Yehiel Shilo)
- Deep Learning: Thriving for More than 90%
- How to Build the Development Team
- Navigating through the Early Stages of the Project
- Iffy If’s in the Algorithms or How to Avoid the Heuristic Trap
- 7 Tips for Project Management in Computer Vision
- Whose Roadmap Is It?
- When Deep Learning is Inferior to Other Methods
- Communication in Project Management
- The Algorithm Design Document (ADD)
- Steps in Computer Vision Software Projects
- Transitioning from R&D to Project
- Leading the Dream Team
- Manage Projects in Deep Learning
- The Proof of Concept (POC)
- Porting Matlab Code to C++
- Full Kit of Requirements
- The Unbearable Lightness of Algorithm Development
- Project Time Estimation
- The Algorithmic Approach in Validation
- More Aspects of Input Data Diversity
- Including a Variety of Data
- Validating and Maintaining the Quality of Input
Get in touch with Ron: Contact Us Now!